COLLECT'ALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Cartes Pokémon EV6.5 : où trouver le ...
Voir le deal

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett

4 participants
AuteurMessage
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Empty
MessageSujet: Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 1 Fév 2014 - 0:19

Once in a while we have the pleasure of meeting a Transformers collector who goes beyond the norm, beyond just amassing plastic for personal amusement and satisfaction. Someone whose roots run deep into the Transformers community and even a little of the industry itself. A person who gives back as much as he takes, providing great service for collector friends, helping make the hobby a better place through creativity, talent and hard work. Someone who takes time out of their life to contribute and add to the enjoyment of others. Sid Beckett is such a person. He also happens to have a frankly stonking Transformers collection to boot. Fully deserved.

Collector Interview 21 – Sid Beckett | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2101

All the best
Maz
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.tf-1.com
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 24 for TFsource - Rein den Hengst   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 26 Avr 2014 - 1:21

The Netherlands has always had a very rich culture of Transformers collectors, with some of the most well-known, long-time, knowledgeable fans and stunning collections originating from Holland. Rein "iDarkDesign" den Hengst has been a part of that Dutch TF scene from the earliest stages, and is now involved with the annual Dutch B.O.T.S. Transformers convention. Having seen pictures of his astonishing collection recently, and allied to the fact that I met him in person in 2012 after years of running across each other online for over a decade, it was high time to bring Rein's collection, wisdom and refreshing attitude towards the hobby to the attention of everyone else. So here he is to talk us through his Transformers history.

Collector Interview 24 – Rein den Hengst | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2401

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2410

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 25 for TFsource - Neal Rochman   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeDim 8 Juin 2014 - 0:17

For those of us who have seen [URL="http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-collection-showcase/982027-sharing-my-collection.html"]THIS[/URL], this interview has been something to look forward to enormously. Neale Rochman, AKA "heraldofunicron", has spent virtually all of his collecting life away from the online community. Recently he ventured online and connected with the fandom via the forums, and posted that collection video tour that got a lot of us desperate to find out more about his journey. Neal's Transformers museum is comprised of G1, G2, Japanese exclusives, prototypes and artwork, the main draw being that most of his G1 collection is displayed packaged and loose with one toy in each mode. It's like a living catalogue of Transformers G1 history. I always think I've seen the last great TF collection already and that very little will make me stand back and gasp. I was wrong, so please, the tour starts here...

Collector Interview 25 – Neal Rochman | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2526

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2503

All the best
Maz
neo_kerberos
Hot Toys / Marvel
Hot Toys / Marvel
neo_kerberos

Tigre

MessageSujet: Re: Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeDim 8 Juin 2014 - 7:38

Very interesting interview, thanks !

I'm totally agree with him about a lot of things like :

"Back when I started this, collecting and nerds were uncool. We were portrayed much like an 80’s movie. Now, pop-culture is everything" it's true, now to being a "Nerd" or an "Otaku" is cool ^^

or

"My fiancée might not have the same passion about my Transformers, but she understands what they mean to me and encouraged by collecting. Like I understand her passions and support them as well"  because it's also my philosophy about relationship.

No questions about the movies Transformers...

I'm am curious to have his opinion about those (very crappy) movies ^^

His display room is awesome !
http://neo-kerberos-robots.site.voila.fr/index.jhtml
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 26 - Paul "Spacebridge" Hitchens   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 27 Juin 2014 - 21:26

I would have waited an eternity for this. Paul Hitchens is one of the most recognisable names (and faces) in the Transformers collecting community, not just because of his numerous and significant contributions to conventions, the community, the discovery and cataloguing of variants, rarities, prototypes and history of Transformers animation, but also as a representative of the community and the brand in various media including TV, DVD, radio, print and publications. He is as well known for being a long time collector and enthusiast as he is for being one of the most reputable and enduring toy dealers in the business, The Spacebridge. Beyond all of these things, he is someone I look up to as a close friend, a father, a level-headed collector and someone I'd ask for advice given just about any situation, collecting or otherwise. It is a credit to him that his interview is probably the most anticipated of any before, and it's a credit to me that I was finally able to get him to agree to it!

Because of Paul's long standing in the community, I have asked him to describe how the scene has changed in the last 15 years as opposed to the normal 10 years I ask all interviewees, and it's also why he's the only one allowed to use sub-headings! Bring it, Hitch.

Collector Interview 26 – Paul Hitchens | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2601

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2603

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 27 - Jim Sorenson   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 2 Aoû 2014 - 2:30

Jim Sorenson is a known entity, but his collection isn’t! This month we take a look at the collecting habits and treasures of a man who has brought behind the scenes treasures to the rest of us in an official capacity through his work on the Transformers Animated Allspark Almanacs, Transformers The Ark, The Art of Prime, as well as the upcoming Transformers Legacy book that will feature tonnes of seen and unseen Transformers production artwork in one amazing volume. It is always fascinating to hear the stories of a collector who never really stopped being a fan or collector of Transformers, someone who was purchasing his first Grand Maximus when I was just realising that a G1 Sharkticon toy was made…

Collector Interview 27 – Jim Sorenson | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2701

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 28 for TFsource - Neil Dela Cruz   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 12 Sep 2014 - 23:02

Not all of the collectors we interview here have been head-hunted by reputation or are a result of me convincing a long-time mate to finally give in and share their insight and collection. Occasionally I will put the planned (hah!) schedule of interviews on hold because something so attention-grabbing and amazing comes up that we just have to investigate. Neal Rochman’s collection was one such occurrence, and this slightly later-than-normal feature on another Neil, Mr Dela Cruz, is the same! One look at the following panoramic photograph that was posted on this now-Australian based collector’s Facebook page and I knew he had to be the immediate subject of an interview. Without further ado…

Collector Interview 28 – Neil Dela Cruz | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2802

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 29 for TFsource - Dan Ghile   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 3 Oct 2014 - 22:44

Dan Ghile is a UK Transformers fan, artist and collector who has inspired me this year. Meeting and spending time in real life with collectors like Dan, Richard Irvine-Brown, Sid Beckett, as well as oldies like Morgan Evans, Paul Hitchens and many other fine UK fans has opened my eyes to just what a wealth of passion, knowledge, history and diversity exists right on my doorstep in London and the UK. I’ve not enjoyed being a part of the TF community more than I have in the past year as a result of the company, contributions and friendship of these collectors. What this interview will demonstrate is that you don’t have to be a well known collector with a legendary collection or history of acknowledged fandom contributions to be able to offer the kind of wisdom, unbridled passion and deep factual knowledge that Dan exhibits in any conversation about Transformers, the type that is infectious and can influence others positively.

Collector Interview 29 – Dan Ghile | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2901

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 2902

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 30 for TFsource - Karl Hartman   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 7 Nov 2014 - 22:08

Decades from now, when we look back on the Transformers phenomenon and specifically the Transformers fan community in all its evolving glory from patchy little groups across the world to a globally connected, flourishing mass of thousands and thousands of enthusiasts and collectors, the names of 2 people will inevitably stand out. They will stand out and stand the test of time. Jon and Karl Hartman, founders of the world’s most famous Transformers convention BotCon, have given to this hobby immeasurably. The fact that both are wonderful, approachable and modest people just helps perpetuate their legend. This month we are honoured to feature Karl in our collector spotlight. A pillar of the TF community (figuratively and literally), he’s given us an interview with a great deal of heart and stunning photos of that legendary collection. Enjoy.

Collector Interview 30 – Karl Hartman | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3001

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3019

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 31 for TFsource - Michael Kingcaid   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 28 Nov 2014 - 22:30

Get me an interview, now. That’s what I said to my friend when he shared a picture of Michael Kingcaid’s Transformers collection with me a week before Michael himself shared photos with the Internet. I then received numerous emails and Facebook tags to get in touch with the owner of this amazing collection and collar him for an interview. Luckily, by that stage I had established contact with this highly creative, long-time enthusiast and he was thrilled to be able to share his passion and achievement through a Source Interview. Inspiration in words and visuals alike, by popular demand, we give you Michael Kingcaid!

Collector Interview 31 – Michael Kingcaid | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3101

All the best
Maz
neo54
Les Mystérieuses Cités d'Or
Les Mystérieuses Cités d'Or
neo54

Dragon

MessageSujet: Re: Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 29 Nov 2014 - 8:49

C'est malheureux de voir tous c'est beau robot dans leur boîtes lol!
Mais sinon tres belle collection
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 32 for TFSource - Immo de Maar   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 27 Déc 2014 - 0:57

Immo de Maar is a collector in the strictest sense of the word. Everything that is added to his display and falls into his ownership is for the purpose of the collection, the completion of a sub-section or the overall tapestry. His approach to toy buying is an exercise in strict focus and parameters, leading to huge satisfaction and enjoyment in the big picture. He does not understand the appeal of newer lines, or even reissues, and no doubt some of his opinions will jar with a lot of readers, but he already knows that. What he has created is what I imagine my collection would have looked like had I never branched out from vintage and had so many sell-offs. For myself, and many collectors, it will be a window into a world almost unimaginable for any collector starting out today.

Collector Interview 32 - Immo de Maar | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3201

All the best
Maz
Daered
TMNT
TMNT
Daered

Tigre

MessageSujet: Re: Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeMar 30 Déc 2014 - 14:15

Great interview Maz, thx Very Happy
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 33 for TFSource - Matt Dennett   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 14 Fév 2015 - 0:11

I often find myself wondering who to feature next on these collector interviews, and I have been asked to try and move away from museum-style G1 collections to add more variety. Where possible I have done this, but requests are met at different times and often the choice of who to go with any given month is made for me by circumstance. This month however, and especially after reading his most heartfelt, genuine, wise and engaging interview, it baffles me how Matt “Matty” Dennett has not yet been featured. Writer for G1 Journey and a member of the TFW staff, Matt as a person is every bit as heartfelt, genuine, wise and engaging as his interview. He also has a stunning collection for a so-called newcomer!

Collector Interview 33 – Matt Dennett | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3301

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 34 for TFSource - Jon Strong   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 27 Fév 2015 - 22:15

One day, should I move on from Transformers collecting, writing, hobbying and all related activities, I will have memories. Memories of my favourite figures, the best conventions and stories, and the people I met during my tenure in the fandom. People and things will stand out because they were unique, unforgettable and awesome. Jon “Napalm” Strong will be one of those people. Unconstrained by focus, bandwagons or what people think of him, Jon is an inspirational person and collector. So modest and humble was his response to being interviewed, I almost wish you could see the true Napalm!

Collector Interview 34 – Jon Strong | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3402

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 35 for TFSource - Brad "Th0r4z1n3" B   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 3 Avr 2015 - 22:10

I would normally take issue with interviewing a Transformers collector who won't reveal his full name, but if you've spent any time around G1 Transformers forums in recent years or TFW2005 generally, you'll know Brad "Th0r4z1n3" B from his legendary seeker-focused collecting or his status as an ex-moderator of that gigantic Transformers forum, so I've no doubt you'll be able to put a face to a name and personality. Brad's collecting and displays represents a direction that my collection could easily have taken on many occasions during my time in the hobby, so it's fascinating to see someone actually achieve the dream, and then tell you what comes next. Over to Brad...

Collector Interview 35 – Brad B | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3501

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 36 for TFsource - Marcin Starzomski   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 8 Mai 2015 - 21:47

Representing a country that is not often associated with Transformers traditionally, Polish collector Marcin Starzomski gives us his account of how Transformers found their way into his life. Not quite early Generation 1 or modern era, Marcin’s history is somewhat different to many and so are his opinions on what some would consider the current golden age of Transformers collecting and fiction. With vintage, custom, 3D-printed and KO Transformers standing side by side, this is a very special and unusual collection, equal parts nostalgic and progressive.

Collector Interview 36 – Marcin Starzomski | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3601

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3612

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 37 for TFSource - Eduardo Cardenas   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 30 Mai 2015 - 0:50

Another first for the Interview slot on TFSource Blog, our first collector from Mexico! Eduardo ''Lalo'' Cardenas has an extensive boxed G1 collection as well as the kind of Mexican variant gems you would expect, which adds to the mystery as to why there aren't more high profile Mexican Transformers given their treasured vintage variant history. Eduardo takes us through his history with Transformers, the plight of the collector in Mexico and a few interesting tales from his time in the hobby.

Collector Interview 37 – Eduardo Cardenas | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3722

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 38 for TFsource - "Hyperoptic"   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeVen 3 Juil 2015 - 21:45

Some collector interviews I have been waiting for patiently for a long time, knowing the content and imagery would be worth it. When I returned to the hobby in 2011 I noticed a few vintage enthusiasts who had managed to assemble exquisite collections and get themselves quite well known for it in the community, as well as becoming an inspiration for others in their quest for perfection. Hyperoptic is one of those collectors, and in addition to his G1 collection, he has a lovely story or two to tell from his time working on Transformers videogames. It also goes to show that differing opinions on the merits of various Transformers eras need not cause a lack of kinship, as my own friendship with Hyperoptic has proven. While it is a shame that my return to increased involvement in the hobby coincides with his 'retirement' from active collecting, it is my pleasure to bring you his interview...

Collector Interview 38 – Hyperoptic | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3807

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 39 for TFsource - Ben Harpold   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 1 Aoû 2015 - 0:10

There are those that specialise in Transformers of a particular era, and others that specialise in figures from particular geographic regions. Some collectors don’t specialise at all, and then you have the ones who specialise primarily in a single character and collect as many versions of the bot as possible. Ben Harpold is one such collector, or at least has become one. His dedication to Bumblebee and all of its incarnations, not to mention merchandise, is staggering. Maybe even more surprising is that once you remove the Bumblebees, what’s left is equally incredible and a stunning collection by itself. Just as there’s more to Ben’s collection than Bumblebee, there’s more to his enjoyment of the hobby than just toys also. Get ready to witness something quite extraordinary…

Collector Interview 39 – Ben Harpold | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 3906

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 40 for TFSource - Kit Tang   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeSam 29 Aoû 2015 - 0:34

It’s true that a large number of TFSource Collector Interviews over the last year and a half have come from a local group of London-based collectors who meet up regularly, but the fact that within that small group I have found some of the most knowledgeable, well-adjusted people with impressive collections has inspired me to document their opinions, experiences and collections. Such is the diversity within that group, and the UK fanbase, that I feel everyone can benefit from their features. Here, then, is the master of the sprawling Autobot City, keeper of ‘The Loft’, the Legends Class king, Kit Tang. Oh, he was in a Bond film, too. Beat that.

Collector Interview 40 – Kit Tang | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 4001

All the best
Maz
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

MessageSujet: Collector Interview 41 for TFSource - Duron Land   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeDim 4 Oct 2015 - 23:28

I have only recently had the pleasure of making Duron Land’s acquaintance, but in that short time he has proved himself to be a knowledgeable and well-connected collector, as well as another example of the good people we have in the community. Not only does he host the very popular TFYLP podcast, but he’s also an expert photographer and has become a regular supporter of the TFSource blog and related articles. I’ve had the honour of appearing on the TFYLP podcast, so it was only fitting that Duron lend his experience, knowledge and expertly curated Transformers collection to the Source Blog.

Collector Interview 41 – Duron Land | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 4102

All the best
Maz
neo_kerberos
Hot Toys / Marvel
Hot Toys / Marvel
neo_kerberos

Tigre

MessageSujet: Re: Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitimeLun 5 Oct 2015 - 9:47

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett 481304
http://neo-kerberos-robots.site.voila.fr/index.jhtml
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett   Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett Icon_minitime

Collector Interview 21 for TFsource - Sid Beckett
Page 1 sur 1