COLLECT'ALL
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article

3 participants
AuteurMessage
Maz
MEGO
MEGO
Maz

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article Empty
MessageSujet: What Do They Think? - TFSource Article   What Do They Think? - TFSource Article Icon_minitimeMer 8 Juil 2015 - 0:28

About 3 years ago we interviewed 3 very active and community-involved Transformers collectors’ wives to find out How The Other Half Live. For my 200th TFSource Blog Article (not counting interviews), I decided to once again ask those closest to me how they viewed my collection of robots. I’ve asked my wife. my three year old daughter, and for a bit of distance, the partner of a very close friend. I’d like to say I am not concerned about how others see my hobby, but having recently discussed the implications of what happens to our toys when we die, I feel as though I have a greater responsibility to those around me to know where they stand with respect to my toys and how it affects them. The growing feeling that I own too many toys that cannot be adequately housed also weighs heavily on my mind, as the pictures in this article will demonstrate with how my place looks currently. Admittedly I asked my daughter for comic value, but I still respect what she had to say.

What Do They Think? | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article WDDT04

All the best
Maz
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.tf-1.com
Darth_lionel
Fabuland
Fabuland

Buffle

MessageSujet: Re: What Do They Think? - TFSource Article   What Do They Think? - TFSource Article Icon_minitimeMer 8 Juil 2015 - 6:48

Thanks for sharing !

With my ex-girlfriend (we lived together in Paris for eight years), it was a constant fight to put toys I collect on shelves.
For many people, collecting toys is still an issue, and not recognized as other hobby.
For example, the same ex-girlfriend had a big collection of comics, displayed on shelves in the living room. (we talk about eight shelves.)
I had maybe only ten figure on these shelves.
(And no, that's not the reason why I quit.)
I also had a clear shelve to put everything I want, but still, one against eight is not really fair.

Next year, I'm going to move with my girlfriend and her kids, I wonder how it's going to be... ^^
http://darthlionel.wordpress.com/
neo_kerberos
Hot Toys / Marvel
Hot Toys / Marvel
neo_kerberos

Tigre

MessageSujet: Re: What Do They Think? - TFSource Article   What Do They Think? - TFSource Article Icon_minitimeMer 8 Juil 2015 - 10:50

Very interesting post !

For my wife, it's not a problem because she is also a toy collector (Pokemon), but before, with many of my ex-girlfriends, the collections was a problem...

Problem for the place that collections takes in the apartment, problem relative to the money spent in the collections, problem relative to the un-comprehension of my interest for the toys etc.

So, one day I have decided that I would not make any compromises !

So many girls have passed, and the good one was married ^^

My friends are all "Otaku" so it never was a problem with them.

For my family, I always been a little "different" than "normal" child, but with the years passed, and as an adult, they now accept that I am a collector.

About the collections at home, before I prefered display my collections everywhere in the apartment like that :

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 979074Photo058

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 977184Photo046

It was not a problem for my wife, but sunlight was a problem, and sometimes all the collections was a little bit oppressive in the rooms...

So when we have moved for a new house, I totally changed the way to exhibit and store my collections.

Now all is protected by anti-UV curtains, so the spaces seems to be larger, all is better protected, and our rooms are more "mature" than before.

But I don't want to "hide" my collections, they are always close to me, they just have now a better place in my adult life I think...

And if I don't want to say to a visitor that I am collector and Otaku, nobody can know (only few items are exhibited outside the curtains), but when the curtains are open and the doors closed, an other world is shown ! ^^

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 476871Photo075

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 247724Photo076

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 288817Photo077

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 174227Photo078

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 247887Photo079

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 516677Photo082

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article 922441Photo083

Really "more than meets the eye" isn't it ? Wink
http://neo-kerberos-robots.site.voila.fr/index.jhtml
Darth_lionel
Fabuland
Fabuland

Buffle

MessageSujet: Re: What Do They Think? - TFSource Article   What Do They Think? - TFSource Article Icon_minitimeMer 8 Juil 2015 - 11:29

Nice Neo !
Indeed, it's more "mature". Smile
I like the Minmay in real size.
http://darthlionel.wordpress.com/
neo_kerberos
Hot Toys / Marvel
Hot Toys / Marvel
neo_kerberos

Tigre

MessageSujet: Re: What Do They Think? - TFSource Article   What Do They Think? - TFSource Article Icon_minitimeMer 8 Juil 2015 - 11:38

http://neo-kerberos-robots.site.voila.fr/index.jhtml
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: What Do They Think? - TFSource Article   What Do They Think? - TFSource Article Icon_minitime

What Do They Think? - TFSource Article
Page 1 sur 1